Monday 17 March 2008

It's good to talk

They say it's good to talk so let's open up a whole new debate on Menopause.



Do you have two Agendas when you go to see your doctor? I know I did. Hot flushes (flashes), night sweats, they're the common ones but what about sleeping badly, aching joints, leaking urine and stressful times when you have to cross your legs so tightly because it feels as if you are about to pee your pants (and sometimes you do).



This happened to me at home, on my own, and I was still embarrassed. I ended up wearing sanitary pads when I went out, just in case.



You don't have to do this! Get instructions for strengthening your pelvic floor muscles and talk to your doctor about a locally applied low-dose estrogen. It really hits the spot, helps muscle control and prevents vaginal dryness (that's something else you don't want to know about). See elsewhere on this blog.



Take a look at my website http://www.simplyhormones.com/ for stacks more information on this and so many other subjects concerning menopause.



Please share your experiences. It will help others more than you think. You're not alone you know, millions of women around the world are currently going through this. And in silence!



Time to talk! Do it!

No comments: